Monday, May 3, 2010

Some Scrappy time...

Finally!
I have been drowning in housework, *real* work (who thought a 2nd job would be a good idea??), uni assignments and trying to be a good/wife and mother. So far getting none of these accomplished well at all *sigh*

I have had my Wicked Princess vintage red kit (on sale still tonight I believe!)sitting on my desk, and I kept wandering past and wanting to play...just had no time! I have kind of avoided the whole *banner* fad, cause I was scared LOL Then I saw a gorgeous banner Kerryn Lawson had used on one of her LOs using a paper lace doiley, and I was hooked!
I have also decided that I am a little in love with paper doilies! Took me a while, but I got there in the end LOL I am such a scrapping fuddy duddy!
I made a cute little flower using some vintage book paper from the kit...who knew that vintage book papers don't like to be put through an edge punch? It was HARD!!!


And again, A LO about my mum coming up to surprise us all the weekend of Charlotte's 7th birthday!

Have a happy week my friends! Following our public holiday today, we also get Friday off for our local show day! A three day working week here guys!



7 comments:

Kate said...

super gorgeous kirst. enjoy your public holiday week hehe xo

Kerryn said...

awww thanks :).
Your layout is gorgeous!!! I love this colour combination!!

Her Essential Hand said...

WOW, this is simply STUNNING :) x

Mary said...

So funny...my post was titled "Finally" today!

Kate said...

LOVE this LO Kirsty!!! it is so beautiful :)

PS I am still avoiding doilies altogether and banners LOL

Marisa said...

Stunning layout Kirsty :) Gorgeous colors and I love that flower!

Samantha Hauzer said...

I love your layout, it's just stunning! I love that colour combo :)