Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's Girls...

My girls are daddy's girls.
From as far back as I can remember, Daddy is the softie. He is the one who would sit and snuggle for hours. Who would read stories until his voice got croaky. He sang to them, comforted them and just loved them.
I think it has a lot to do with my suffering from Post-Natal depression. I was there, but wasn't really there. He stepped in, and did SO much for these girls when I simply couldn't. They in turn, simply adore him.
Its a special thing to see these girls and their dad.
Brings tears to my eyes :)

So this LO is about that.

Its based on Krissy's sketch #3 for this month at Wicked Princesses, and is using some gorgeous Girl's Paperie and Kaisercraft PPs. Love the pink/green/white colour combo.


Lots of dimension...its three layers...a base PP, the tilted PP and tulle and then the frame.

And some more dimension with the layered cabbage roses handcut from the PP.



Have a great week my friends! My car is FINALLY getting fixed this week...unfortunately this coincides with a week when I am working full time...so have to somehow figure out how to get the kids to school then get to work all on foot LOL
I have a feeling we are going to be consistently LATE for everything this week!
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Kate said...

so beautiful kirst xox ps good luck being car-less this week but thats great its getting fixed!!

Alyssa said...

Absolutly magical :)

Fran said...

That LO is just stunning!! And what a beautiful memory to capture
Fran xx

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous work with this paper range Kirsty! Hope you get through the week without a car OK.

Leanne J said...

love the layers.. super page.. and oh what a cute pic.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

aaaah what a beautiful page and story! Love it to bits!

Tiff Firth said...

awww. just squeezes my heart. stay well chicky dee. and run run run this week lol.

Kim Fifield said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kirsty, I love this page!