Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hidden Journalling

Another LO with the Kaisercraft After Five collection.
Have I mentioned that this is my fave KaiserCraft range so far??
I really wanted to focus on using those cute journal tag pads that come with each range.
I often create my projects, and forget all about them, and the designs are usually far too cute to be forgotten! So this month I created a little booklet for some hidden journalling. A lot of the journalling I do on the LOs about my mum really don't need to be shared with the world...most people looking through my albums just want to quickly flick through, not read for ages ;)
I simply journalled on the tags for as long as I wanted.
I then mounted the tags on some accordian folded strips of Card. The strips needed to be longer than 12', so I simply joined strips when necessary in the 'hill' folds with double sided tape.

And then tucked it neatly away.

Aren't the beiges in this collection gorgeous?


7 comments:

donna said...

i saw this over at the Kaiser blog Kirst... and loved it! your layouts that you have been doing of your mum have all been beautiful, she was lucky to have a daughter like you
love Donna xx

Kate said...

beautiful kirst, i love that photo of your mum, she looks so relaxed and deep in thought xox

Kerryn said...

I love this Kirsty and I love that you are completing these very special layouts, something you can all treasure.
x

Karen Shady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Shady said...

I removed the last post cos there were just way too many spelling errors.. LOL.. I so need to read it before I hit publish !!!!!

I love this LO of your Mum..... beautiful. And I use those print blocks albums too.... affordable, and great for lumpy bumpy :) have a great weekend xx

Tiff Firth said...

what a touching and healing LO Kirsty.

It would have been so hard to start to write down your thoughts, but I bet the pen just flowed on and on when you got going. And to let the tears flow too.

and very prettily wrapped up too.

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful layout.
I love how you hid your journaling.