Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lets Get Shabby #17

We recently got some family photos taken as part of a fundraiser for the local kindy. You know the ones...cheap as chips sitting and first photo, then BAM $8278719 for the rest of the prints ;)
And who can resist the extra prints once you see your babies in glorious technicolour???
Yeah.
I always buy the pack.

This month's Shabby Challenge seemed perfect for this sweet pic of my kids...one from my *pack* of photos.
This month's challenge involved raiding your sewing box. I love using sewing type stuff on my LOs.
The LO had to have at least three discernible sewing box items.


I have at least three...

*Pins
*Stitching using thread from my sewing box
*muslin scrap
*button



After not scrapping for more than a week, this felt a bit *clunky*, but I like the mix of colours, and I love that pic :)


Nothing like a good pic to get me wanting to create!
Thanks for stopping by, and a million thank-yous to everyone for your beautiful messages on yesterday's post. I appreciate that you shared your condolences and your grief stories with me. So so much.


22 comments:

Sasya said...

oh wow, what a beautiful work!!! fabulous!
thank you for playing along with Let's Get Shabby!!

Kristal said...

Gorgeous. I love the way you layer things. I also nearly always end up buying the pack of photos too hehe.. who can resist that gorgesness

Peggy said...

wow, this is stunning! I wonder, how did you do the stitching around the oval??? It looks really cool!
xxx Peggy

donna said...

gorgeous Kirst!

Tanya Dudkina said...

It looks very vintage and gorgeous

Ruth Philps said...

Wow I wish our Kindy did cool photos like this!!
I have this paper and am struggling to use it i find it really boring looking..was also thinking of cutting it out and re-layering it.
Lovely colours for the butterfly and flowers!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

Julie said...

Totally gorgeous Kirsty. Love that stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout tfs!!!

mindy gallagher said...

This is so pretty Kristy! I love it!

Cherie said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous!!

Kerryn said...

LOL I've bought a few of those photo packs in my time. This is absolutely gorgeous Kirsty!!

CorinneD. said...

It's beautiful!!
thanks for playing with us!

Tracy said...

Your layout is so beautiful. Love all the layers.

LG said...

This looks so elegant! Such precious photos to scrap. Love it!

Lene said...

This is SOOOO beautiful! I love all the details! LOVE IT!

Thanks for playing along with us at shabby!

Jane Smith said...

Wow, stunning layout. So rich in colour and texture...DELICIOUS.

Liz Weber said...

Wow Kirsty you have the shabby look going beautifully. Love the soft elegant design and beautiful colours, shows off that beautiful photo perfectly.

((hugs)) so sorry about your Mum.

Karen Shady said...

what a beautifully, gorgeous LO.... love this one Kirsty :) hope your doing Ok xx

Kate said...

so gorgeous kirst!~!

Gayle Price said...

Don't blame you for wanting to keep these photos, they are gorgeous ! As is your page . Beautiful LO. Thanks for playing along at LGS.

yumiko said...

This is so gorgeous!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Vibeke said...

Beautiful layout you made! This was sooo great!
Love all the details and all the nice flowers:)

Thank you for playing with us:)