Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 11

Of my Thirty Days Of Me!
Kudos to anyone still reading :)
What's in your makeup bag?
I am woefully addicted to two makeup products.
Lipstick And Max factor 2000 Calorie Mascara.



Now the Mascara, I love. It makes my eyelashes long and thick, and I haven't left home without wearing it for years.
The lipstick however, I am constantly on the search for the *perfect* shade.
I thought I had found it last year.
It was an Avon colour. I bought two.
And now?
Its not made anymore.
Awesome.
So the hunt continues!
I also have sitting on my dresser, my mummy's makeup bag.
Every morning as I put on my mask to face the day, I see that little polka dot bag and think of her. I haven't used anything in it yet. It seems kind of wrong.

Yesterday marked 3 month's since she left us.

I feel bad because we were so busy at work that I didn't even think about it until last night.

I promise mum that I haven't forgotten. I miss you every day. For some reason yesterday morning, I logged into your facebook account and read through your posts, wall and messages. I love that you saved all of your messages. Even if some of them were from meanies. I love that all of the people you recently chatted with are still along the bottom of your profile.

Maybe a part of me knew that it was an important date.

******

Thanks for stopping by my friends...I think I am feeling a scrappy give-away now that I have hit the 100 followers mark! (Soooooo exciting!! Thanks guys!!)

I'll be back later with a little goodie post ;)


4 comments:

Kate said...

i feel the same about lipstick kirst! can never find a perfect shade!!

love your mums little make up bag. even though i didnt know her personally, it looks like a reflection of her bubbly personality :) much love darl and be kind to yourself xox

Anonymous said...

Chin up chickadee every day will get easier for you, you shouldn't feel guilty about not thinking of her for a minute she wouldn't want you to be so sad for her every minute of every day, big hugs xxx

Tracy said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. My dad passed away on Aug 11th of this year and I still think it is him phoning when my phone rings. He would phone me a few times a day.
Hugs to you and your family.

Kristal said...

Ok well I am like going to confess something : I dont even have a make up bag hehehhe