Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Surprise!

My mum recently surprised my family by arriving unannounced at our door. we had just finished dinner, and our doorbell rang. Our doorbell doesn't often ring, as most people just arrive at our back door LOL
When we answered there was my mum.
She had driven the 8 hours to be with Charlotte for her birthday. How special!


A comp I have entered had a surprise challenge thrown in this week...the scrap something 'surprising'. To use the word 'surprise' in the title, and create a mono chromatic LO

So I figured that mum's birthday visit was an excellent surprise! This is my fave bit...the twine and the button :)

Now, I don't know if I like this or if it looks like a flamingo had just vomitted onto a 12x12 sheet of cardstock...
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh what a lovely surprise for Charlotte's birthday your mum showing up...gorgeous layout Kirsty :)

Kerryn said...

No don't see any vomiting flamingoes, but thanks for the laugh! It's gorgeous Kirsty :).

Tiff Firth said...

lol at your flamingos.

'scuse me while I get my sunnies.

lol

Belynda-Lee said...

Wow super bright layout love it!!!! LOL at the flamingo,too funny thanks for the laugh hun. Take care sweetie xo

Anonymous said...

it is lovely, no flamingo vomit in sight, but your description did give me a laugh! what a wonderful surprise, i'm sure it was a very special birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a hooooooooot!!! If it is FV, it's the best darn lookin vomit I've seen in a while!!!!!!!!!!

Paige Hinrichs said...

Oh I love surprises and I always love your blog, for it's so cozy and homey.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

How sweet of your mom! I bet it made your daughter feel awfully special! I like the scrapbook page...especially the twine and button too!