Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Cool People Cafe

My kids are under the impression that ANYTHING can be made from paper and sticky tape. (I have NO idea where this love affair with paper came from heheh) Not long ago Sam dissolved into tears when I was unable to help him create a functioning DS Lite using paper, sticky tape and an old cereal box.

These past two weeks my kids have turned their play room into 'The Cool People Cafe' Much discussion went into the naming of the cafe. They wanted it to be 'Cool kid Cafe', but this was nixed because they wanted mummy and daddy to be able to come. So clearly we are cool, but not quite kidlike....
There is an extensive menu....
Sam was unable to write his own, so he dictated to Mick. Which is how items such as "Chocolate Cake i like to Chew It" and "more and more and more icecream which I love" ended up on the menu.

They even created table settings...
Look! Plate, knife, spoon and fork!
There were decorations and a gift for each customer




Look at the detail....the fork even has tines cut into it!

So yeah...Mick and I have a standing date each night after dinner at the Cool People Cafe. I personally recommend the "chocolate cake I like to chew it"



10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh that is just adorable! Love the knives and forks! :)

Krissy Christie said...

I love it!!So gorgeous and I love their creativity :D

Krissy xx

Kerryn said...

So DARN CUTE!!!!! I love seeing kids creativity at work!

Unknown said...

Too cute, and very very COOL :)

Marisa said...

Oh how sweet and cute is this :) Just have to love kids creativeness...

Nicole Aspinall said...

aaawww1 This totally made me smile :)

Her Essential Hand said...

love what your kids have done. I love childrens imaginations and how they make there own fun!!
Just admiring more of your gorgeous work!!
And agree, love the BG june bug and lemonade pp's!!
xx

Phrog said...

I would like to book in for a table for 2. Looks very cool. I don`t know how to qualify is there a cool person test or something before you`re let in the door?

lagirl/sweet tea said...

Well who wouldn't want to eat at "The Cool People Cafe"? Can I make a reservation, please?
Great kids.

I signed on to Follow you.
Please come by to visit me and perhaps you'll decide to Follow me too!

Tiff Firth said...

May I reserve a table of 4 for my family please.

Kirst. this is a crack up. You have inspired the kids to imagine wonderful things.

Mum of the Month!!