Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lets Get Shabby

This is my entry for this month's Lets get Shabby challenge :)
This month's challenge was super dooper easy, just make a handmade emby as the focal point of your LO. I used some paper pattern flowers (as shown on Julie's blog) and rolled up rosettes. I also made the paper lacey frill thingy around the edge of the LO.
I love this pic of Chari and my old cat Effie :) I got Effie when we lived in Canberra following a pretty horrible break up. Mum and Dad let me get a cat to dote on from the RSPCA. I chose Effie (or Pansy as she was known when I first selected her). I named her Effie after the character in the Aussie TV show 'Acropolis Now'...they kind of had the same hair styles LOL

Anyway...we figure that Effie is now about 14 years old. She lives in Mum and Dad's little courtyard, never straying, and I think she likes that her whole entire universe is only about 4 metres square LOL
She also likes it when my kids visit to give her snuggles and sneak her inside ;)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Sunday...I am off to play with my paper a bit more whilst Mick is out working...stupid fire season Grrrr

15 comments:

Julie said...

superb krissy just love it. thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Jenneke said...

Wow, so beautiful!!
LOVE everything!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby.

XXXJenneke

Deb said...

Such a beautiful layout.

Marg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marg said...

Beautiful layout Kirsty....Love the photo too!!! Luv marg xx

Toni said...

Kristy, This is AWESOME!!!! The flowers is so Pretty!!!! Thanks 4 playing!!!!

Marisa said...

OMG Kirsty this layout is a stunner...love the whole vintage look happening here!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful Kirsty... Love it!

pink4u said...

Kirsty...this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! WOW factor!!!!
Love it:)
Joanie :)

Thinking about you and hoping you have a great week!!!!

Chloe said...

Hey Kirsty! Love your layout! Absolutely stunning!!! Such a small world... you're making Julie's flowers... she is on the DT where I work! Such a lovely lady. Love your flowers btw! So pretty!

Hope you are well and that Mick stays safe while out fighting fires.

xxx

Paper Paradise said...

Wowsa, this is so gorgeous. I am in awe! x

zandra said...

Really pretty! Great take on the challenge. Hugz, Z

Ruth Philps said...

Effie is a cutie!! Your tissue papers have turned out really well on this pur-fectly shabby lo!! Thanks for playing x

mandysea said...

Stunning!! Love what you have created!! The colours are just totally fab!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby.

Chimene said...

This is so beautiful!! Love your flowers!!! The colors are gorgeous!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!!
xxxx
Chimene