Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We got arty!

I have been looking for a big painting to hang in our dining room. And have discovered that I have expensive tastes LOL
Even the 'cheap' paintings that i liked were kinda expensive.

So I decided I could do it myself.
*sigh*
Will I ever learn??? LOL

So Sammy and I pulled on our artists smocks (they may LOOK like aprons, but are in fact, for today, artist smocks) and gathered our paints and brushes and cotton buds (see how professional this was going to be??) I think my true artist status is confirmed by my oh so glamorous Mr Men drop cloth. Actually, this may be considered 'vintage'. I should have listed it on ebay and paid for a REAL painting LOL
Next time...
So I got to painting....

And I did this!

I am actually pretty happy with how it looks. And it is indeed huge. Measures 160cmx 50 cm
It fills an empty space on the wall anyway ;)

9 comments:

Lisa K said...

I like it too- fabulous colours

Jayne said...

Oh Kirsty it is gorgeous!!! LOVE the colours.

danndel said...

Kirsty it is excellent, I love it!!

Kerryn said...

Hubby keeps telling me to do something like this one day...... yeah one day LOL.

Love it Kirsty, bet it looks fantastic up on your wall :).

foxylady said...

O my stars. U take after me. Lol. No it's absolutely amazing. Like so proffessional. In fact I am going to pick up the phone and tell you. U really are fabulous. Can u do one for me and sign it now ??? PLEASE

sharon said...

I want one with green flowers!!! please, before you get famous! ;-) this is fantastic Kirsty, I wouldn't even know where to start!

Krissy Christie said...

Its gorgeous Kirsty!!

Krissy xx

Tiff Firth said...

wow. you awesomely talanted creature. I would be wwaaaayyyy too inimitated to even try anything like this. I am in awe

Gina said...

LOVE your painting! :) Gx