Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just 'cause :)

A LO just because...doesn't seem to happen very often! LOL
My gorgeous Chari Beth :)
Some fairly old photos...as I was scrapping them I just kept focusing on her cute little chubby cheeks! She seems to have grown up so much in the last few years!

I just love these epoxy flowers layered on top of lace and bigger flowers!
And lots of layering of paper to give dimension and texture!
When making these shabby, vintagey kind of LOs I often struggle trying to find a good neutral alpha to create the title. This time, I made what I have here work!
I bought these Thickers a long time ago. I'm going to blame Lauren ;)...I think I saw some on a LO she did aaaaages ago, and loved them. I still love them, but they really haven't worked for any of my pages.
So i wrapped them in twine!
I think I kind of like the rough, shabby look they have!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Alanna said...

Love the shabby chic look of this one Kirsty. Your alpha look amazing and what a great tip for alpha we no longer like. Darn those impulse buys ;)

Did you just adhere glue all over the alpha and then wrap it up?

Kate said...

beautiful work kirst that title is a stand out!

Lauren said...

Gosh you are a clever chook! Love what you have done with that title. Sorry for 'making' you buy those Thickers! LOL

Such a gorgeous page. I can't believe how young she looks. xx

Kerryn said...

That's a bit clever! Fabulous page Kirsty!!

Krissy Christie said...

Love that idea!Clever lovely! Beautiful work as always :)

Krissy xx

Kim said...

holy smoke that twine trick is super !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni said...

Love your idea with the alphas....

And it's a great layout too!

Unknown said...

WOW thanks so much for sharing your twine trick!! This is one gorgeous page! Thanks for visiting my blog...so glad cause now I found you! I am your newest follower :))xx

Svetlana Austin said...

very nice LO, Kirsty! I like very much how you made the letters for the title!
thank you for visiting me :-)))

Linda Brun said...

Totally fantastic. Love the page and really like what you have done with the thickers. Thank you for great inspiration!
I also want to thank you for sweet comment in my blog. hugs