Thursday, February 5, 2009

I was Speechless...

And seriously, I am not often left speechless... Normally, I don't come home for lunch when I work. If I come home, I end up doing the washing or the cleaning, and well, I don't feel like it. But today I was feeling miserable (I think I have tonsilitis *blerk*) so i came home to lie on my bed for 10 minutes.

I got the mail out of the mail box and there was a pizza box.
My first thought ' Thank GOD Mick didn't come home first and spring me getting scrap goodies"
My second thought (fairly hot on the heels of thought #1) "but but but...I've been good and not been shopping for a while now..."

Then I read the return address. It was from Kerryn....which really made me think...

I opened it...and that lovely kit was inside!!!!

With the most beautiful card with a lovely note.

Kerryn had seen the kit and thought of me! And she had gotten it for me just because.

How awesome is that??? So my feeling cruddy disappeared in an instant and I played with my new goodies for a few minutes before heading back to work:-)

I am SO happy to have joined the online scrapping scene. I am SO lucky to have met some truly amazing friends.

Thanks Kerryn...you totally made my week!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow lucky you! Gotta love happy mail! Isn't Kerryn just lovely.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Marisa said...

Oh how sweet is Kerryn for surprising you like that, you are one lucky girl Kirsty! Well now you can show Mick and say you never spent any money.

Jillene said...

How AWESOME!! I love the kit and can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Love that kit! I'm with Jillene...can't wait to see what you create with it!

Scrappin' is the best!