Friday, June 20, 2008

Five Fabulous Faves For Friday!

Ahhhhh, another Friday! I really need to think of nice things today cause work was loooong and people were mean!!!

My first favourite for this week is the flowers my kids pick me whenever they go for a walk with daddy, they come home clutching weeds, leaves and anything pretty that caught their eye in the sweaty little hands. They are collected so thoughtfully...even Sam's dead leaves that he collects (and believes will grow into a tree if we put it into water long enough) This cookbook is a fave this week...its got loads of recipes that sneak vegies into 'normal' unsuspecting recipes! I now put pureed cauliflower into my mashed potatoes and white sauces. The cous cous with pumpkin is YUM (and I DESPISE pumpkin)...I haven't been brave enough to try the spinach brownies though....
I bought a timer this week, which means we can have slow cooker porridge without me having to stumble out of bed on these cold mornings at 4am to flick on the switch!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting a DT pack :-) (I know, I'll stop going on about it soon...I am still over the moon!) I probably should add here that I like getting ANYTHING in the mail LOL but scrapping goodness is a particular favourite.
And my final fave is picture - less :-(. I got the new Jodi Piccoult book to read this weekend, and although I haven't actually read it yet, I love her writing and am expecting to love this book...And its meant to be cold too, wonder if I can come down with a 'mystery virus' and stay in bed reading all weekend?????
Well, thats my faves for this Friday...I am working on a snazzy little journal to write them down in...I'll post a sneaky peak over the weekend, cause I know you want to see it!!! LOL
Thanks for popping in (heh lucky I re - read that! I had double 'o' in popping, which has an entirely different meaning!!!)

4 comments:

danndel said...

I love the new Jodi Picoult book, hope you enjoy it too!!!

Dena said...

Hey girl! Your blog was the first place I headed this morning after catching up with emails! I had to see what your faves were today and how funny that we will have some similiar ones posted.

And I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you too are making your little Friday Faves journal out of your DT goodies?!?!?

jacqui jones said...

i think iwill have to search that cook book out

Lori Renn said...

found your blog from dena's! ooooh, the mysterious virus excuse sounds so fabulous. i think i'm getting that this weekend. i have lots of books to read!!