Sunday, May 4, 2008

And another one bites the dust...


Another microwave that is....*sniff*
I LOVE my microwave. I use it daily. Usually more than once. The kids will usually only eat porridge for breakfast, so it gets cooked in the microwave. I steam our vegies for dinner in the microwave. I heat milk for hot drinks in the microwave. It defrosts my meat when I forget to get it out of the freezer to defrost. It reheats the left overs....and now it is gone.
This is our second one in the last 12 months. Admittedly, I haven't had a new microwave ever. We have always had hand me downs. The first hand me down did 8 years, this one only about 12 months. Mind you, it was a rough 12 months, it worked hard for us.
It still makes the noise (and probably throws out some wicked radiation) so when I feel sad, I can just turn it on and listen. Pretend that it is doing all the hard work for me.
I am definitely going to miss it, cause, as luck would have it, there is no way in heck that I can afford to replace it. So, for anyone wondering what Charlotte would like for her birthday...forget Polly pockets, cute clothes and Barbies....she REALLY wants a microwave. I know she does, deep deep down inside! LOL


1 comment:

jacqui jones said...

bugger about the microwave i live with mine like u do
we lost ours when we moved, we didnt want to spend to much after the expense of moving there r quite a few good ones around for not so much