Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just another day hanging out

Sam and I baked the YUMMIEST biscuits this morning. Like these are dangerously good... Gooey Butter Ball Biscuits

  • I packet of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 packets of vanilla cake mix (this looked a bit tricky, so Ithrew in a bit of extra butter and cr cheese and just used 2 packets LOL)
  • Icing sugar

Cream the butter and cream cheese (I made sure they were really soft) add the egg and the vanilla. Throw in the cake mixes and mix together. Roll the mixture into balls, roll the balls in the icing sugar and bake at 175C for 10 ish minutes.

Now I warned you....they are GOOD!

I can't remember where I got this recipe from. It was somewhere on the inter webs, but I can't for the life of me remember where...I am probably breaching all sorts of copyright, although I did translate it from American to Australian;-) It was all ounces and junk...and I also had to look up powdered sugar. Hard work!

And this is what we are doing now. I don't know how I let it get like this...there are another 2 loads on the line. I mean seriously. I wash EVERY stinking day. I just hate folding and sorting and putting away. I need a slave....

Well my lovelies. If anyone wants to come help fold washing, I shall provide coffee and freshly baked Gooey Butter Ball Biscuits, but you had better come soon. Sam is a fan of these, and Mick is expected home for lunch;-)

Love you, have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

jacqui jones said...

well its a good thing i didnt see that before i did the shopping this morning. hehe
i got enough yummy things as it was hehehe
and my washing looks just like yours...that is when it finally dries!

Kirsty said...

Oh man, these are even good once they cool down! I usually only like biscuits when they come out of the oven! Understandable that you had to buy yummy stuff...you guys have to do something to keep warm! 7 degrees is insane!

Getting washing dry in the cold is hard...luckily we don't have problems with that up here! How are the girls coping with the cold?

Pound said...

i would come help fold for some biscuits! and if you don't use ounces and stuff, what do you use? lol
and huh you don't have powdered sugar?????? travesty.

Kirsty said...

Woohoo! Folding party at my house! We use cups and mls...it was tough translating!!!
We do have powdered sugar...but its called icing sugar..I am edumacated now LOL

Nat said...

Kristy, I found you via Chrissy's blog... and I just had to say that my washing looks just the same - except its dumped in various spots in the house - just seems to get moved around when we want to use the chair/table/bed its on at the time! lol... its never-ending isn't it... you feel like you've been folding all day and get most of it done, only to add another load or more to it and be back at square one... I think its my most hated job almost now!!
The bikkies look yum, but I'm not even going to go there - doing WW so I just gotta not!! (except Chrissy is hounding me to make something that is not WW friendly!)...
Have a great day,
Nat :)

Carolina said...

These sound delicious and easy!Right up my alley :)

Chrissy said...

Oh Kirsty these look ever so YUMMY love!!!! Yay! Thanks for sharing your recipe here, am copying it now, you are such a sweetie for joining in.

Well done! :)
Hugs
Chrissy x