Monday, May 26, 2008

Surely I am not the only one...

...who remembers these???

When I was at Primary school, these were HUGE! Friendship pins, I think they were called, and you made them and gave them to friends...and hoped like holy heck you got some back LOL. It was uber cool to have your whole watch band filled with them, if I remember rightly. I can't remember if I ever got any, but I am pretty sure my long suffering mother bought me the stuff to make some! Any hoo....I had lots of beads, and Natalie was looking bored, so we revisited my childhood and made some! (that's not mess in the background...that's ART my friends LOL) I think I may grab some smaller pins tomorrow, as the 'patterns' at the moment are determined by whatever we can squeeeeeeze over the loopy bit!
So, if you remember these, please give me a shout out...Mick thinks I am demented and I need proof that - in this instance - I am NOT!

Love you, keep warm!!!

4 comments:

danndel said...

I so remember these!!! I also remember endless hours making friendship braclets :O)

jacqui jones said...

i remember them..: )

foxylady said...

me too the long suffering mother...and yes you did get them and yes I hated them as they were a choking hazard,,LOL

Pound said...

no mick, she's not crazy. me and my bff made them and gave them to each other... and friendship bracelets too!!